Author Topic: About the New Player Mod on Friday Night  (Read 175 times)

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
About the New Player Mod on Friday Night
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:45:35 AM »
  I would like to apologize about something that happened on this event module.  At the very end of the event a Earth Caster appeared to help you all recover from your endeavor. He used quite a few life abilities and Voice Radius healing effects,  During that time some holds were called and some other little hiccups happened that were not planned for.  That being said, the caster in question was also there to help renew your abilities.  I apologize for not making sure everyone's abilities were renewed.  A second apology to Gak and Sizzle, I did not ask you to assist in the event to make you drain your resources and leave you to deal with it.  My fault, my bad, lesson learned I will try not to make that mistake again.

Thank you for your understanding.  I am learning plot as much as new players are learning the game. 

Joshua Williams.

Mike Ward

• View Profile
Re: About the New Player Mod on Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »
Part of the game is learning when to run away. Sizzle and I should have known better than to continue after finally taking down the deathknight. Magic weapons were not exactly plentiful.

Thinking back on it, if it was not for the caster at the end, I probably would have ended up with a barbarian renew and a lot fewer magic items.

Overall, no harm done. Everyone learned something, and i think the new adventurers learned to not run out of the group so readily.

Mike ward
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:15:24 PM by Mike Ward »

Joshua Williams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:29 PM »
Thank you for your understanding.

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »
I take responsibility for the Death Knight. It was purely my idea as I felt the group was doing so well up to that point. I was pretty standard as a death knight, I was sure I would be spelled down.

This is also the first time we really held a new player mod, and we learned a lot from it on our end. I'd like to do another one next event.

I cannot say that it was a failure, it just was not as smooth as it could have been.