Author Topic: Tavern at Camp Widjiwagan  (Read 744 times)

Kyle

• View Profile
Tavern at Camp Widjiwagan
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
Hello Nero Chronicles,
    I am proud and excited to announce that Lyle Pratt and I will be running the tavern at any and all Nero Chronicles Events at Camp Widjiwagan for the foreseeable future. Between the two of us we have 32 years of Nero experience, over 6 years of plotting experience and two seasons of taverning experience. We both live locally here in Springfield, Illinois and are looking forward to bringing you all an interactive, cheap and overall high quality tavern.
     Our goals are to make the tavern more than just a place to eat by involving jobs, gambling, formal magic, food and conversation all into one location. We also guarantee that you will ALWAYS be able to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, with drinks, for under ten dollars an event. Of course, there will also be a la carte options along with Friday and Saturday night specials. We are also happy to announce that there will be extensive ways to spend your Nero coin on food rather than your hard earned cash. We are not sure of the exact particulars as of this moment, but I can tell you that if you really wanted to, you could easily eat an entire weekend without spending a single dollar in the tavern.
     There will be an IG board created for the tavern soon which we will utilize for all tavern related events, meals, prices, laws and other miscellaneous interactive possibilities. We would also like for all of the Nero Chronicles players to feel comfortable at waking the tavern keeps at any time of the night because we believe that a 24 hour tavern makes for happy plot members and happy players. We will be sleeping in the tavern to make this easier for you if that decision needs to be made. Together, we will make this the best tavern experience you have ever had!
     The two of us also believe that there are four things that make a Nero event a great experience.
- Plot Team
- Camp Site
- Player Characters
- Tavern

That being said, we consider communication to be a crucial part of the overall Nero and tavern experience at events so we will be asking some questions and getting feedback before we even have the chance to serve you for the first time at the end of August. Below are some of those questions. We look forward to your feedback.

Kyle Kent

1. Do you have any specific dietary needs? If you do, please PM me instead of posting the answer here. (Specific dietary needs may increase food prices, but we will do our best to compensate)

2. Do you prefer generic soda for 25 cents a can or name brand for 50 cents a can?

3. Would you be interested in packaged smore kits that would include 2 graham crackers, 4 marshmallows and a chocolate bar for a single price? (Assembly Required after Purchase)

4. Any meal suggestions can be sent to my PM so we do not clog up the boards, but we are more than happy to take any and all suggestions.

5. We are leaning toward the following meal hours, please give me your opinion:
Breakfast: 9-12
Lunch: 1-4
Dinner: 5-8
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:05:26 PM by Kyle »

Spank

• View Profile
Re: Tavern at Camp Widjiwagan
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Kyle and Lyle run a great tavern. They work hard to create great meals and great prices and they create a good in game atmosphere at the tavern.

JacobMead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
Chili eating contest!!! I'll win again.

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »
No one wins a chili eating contest.

Tyson Campbell

• Plot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
I almost got kicked out of the cabin over it.

Lyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to throw my two cents in. I want to confirm everything Kyle said. We are experienced NERO players who have run a tavern in the past (to good reviews I might add). We are excited to run a tavern that focuses on value and response to the customer. I know that's what I want as a player something to eat when I'm ready and for a reasonable price.

So please let us know what you want. Answer the questions Kyle posted, and bring up and questions, concerns, or ideas you may have. Please don't do what I do, grumble and complain and never say anything to someone who can change it. We really do want to hear your concerns.

We also want to focus on atmosphere in the Tavern. It's important for us to create a place that doesn't break the in-game fell for the players. We will do our best to cut out electric lights, out of game chatter, and distractions. We will be playing characters while we run the tavern and we look forward to playing NERO with you all. Here too, we look forward to your comments and suggestions to helps us make the game better for you.

Finally, I just want to say that we are excited to see you all and serve you.

Maison D'âmes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »
Generic soda is fine with me. 
Having a big cooler of ice water is even better, no one ever drinks enough water, myself included.

I wouldn't be so interested in a Smore's kit because I tend to just roast marshmallows.

Meal hours look good to me, although knowing typical events maybe pushing dinner to start/end later would be a good thing? That's dependent on plot and such too.

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:16:07 AM »
1. No sugary foods/drinks for me. I know of some people that will only eat chicken and turkey for meats.

2. Name brand diet sodas or water.

3. No!

4. Thank you.

5. No opinion.

JacobMead

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:49:33 AM »
1. Not really

2. doesn't matter to me, i usually drink water and maybe get a soda once or twice

3. no thanks

5. No opinion