Author Topic: Teasers for Halloween 2015!  (Read 1700 times)

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
Teasers for Halloween 2015!
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:42:03 PM »
NERO Chronicles Teaser Halloween Part 1.

A concentration-shattering thought is projected across the lands:

You thought that our fight was over, you were wrong. You cannot flee from me, you cannot avoid your fate. My reach extends well beyond that of the Terran Valley, it always has.

You ran from your oaths, turned your back on allies that sacrificed for you. You have proven what my children have claimed you to be from the beginning. You have no honor, you are cowards, you embrace necromancy, you are thieves, you are liars, all of you!

My Granddaughter has given you false hope. I cannot be defeated, the pathetic few that stood before me and were laid low are testament to my mercy. I should have ended their cowardly lives, "till the permanent death of my spirit", indeed! False oaths and bravado spoken by fools.

I have found her, and I will pick her apart piece by piece, my mercy has ended. She will suffer for each of the abominations hatched in lies and deceit. I will make her an example.

You think that you have hidden in the one place that I would not dare to return to? Fools! Nothing is beyond my reach! Oh yes, I have found you.

This time, there will be no escape.

The message finishes crashing through your mind, and when it finally leaves a mental image stays behind. A living wall of tarnished silver scales moves along your field of vision before being swallowed by darkness.

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Teasers for Halloween 2015!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:31:21 PM »
NERO Chronicles Teaser Halloween Part 2

A Sarr of the Shir clan stands before the desk of the Magistrate of Ilyra, his favorite table at The Pub.

"Scout Kerari Silvermane, My Lord." She says.

"Well, Scout Silvermane, where did he come from?" The Elven Magistrate nods his head at a table across the floor where a large man with glowing white eyes was busy talking to a rather perplexed retainer of House Magecia. The large man would take a few bites of food, then rant more gibberish at the poor mage.

"We were observing the ruins where the adventurers encountered the Dark Ones when several of the beasts ran from the entryway. A few seconds later, this man came staggering out of the entryway with three of those Dark Ones hanging off him. He made it clear of the entrance when a bunch of the beasts came out of the tunnel behind him and laid into him pretty hard. We thought he was dead for sure, but he kept casting spells. Well, My Lord, Scout Garrond could not let this man just die so he jumped into action to save him. When we moved in to engage the Dark Ones, they retreated in surprise. We took the advantage and got this man clear of the ruins and returned him to Ilyra." Scout Silvermane looks distressed at admitting one of her scouts had revealed them to the enemy.

"Dude!" Shouts the large man as he attempts to stand. He appears bent and heavily wounded, the skin of his face is loose and pale with the strain of effort. His voice emanates a cheer and vigor that belies the haggard and damage body he tries to move towards the Magistrates table.

With a great struggle, the man shuffles to the table of the Magistrate and gingerly sits down. He pauses for a few seconds, clearly suffering form a great deal of pain.

"Dude." The large man puffs. "Did you see a little girl come through here?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Asks the Magistrate.

"Oh, sorry man, but I gotta find this chick. I need her help something wicked, man. I lost CT, do you know CT, man?" The large man appears a bit confused.

"Hey, I'm not in the Terran Valley anymore, am I?" The man blinks his glowing white eyes and turns to the tavern keep. "Dude, those tacos were righteous! You got any cheeseburgers?" He shouts.

The large man turns back to the Magistrate and says "Seriously, dude, what is with this place? I totally feel like a I wiped out on the rocks." The large man then closes his eyes and falls to the floor. " I need that chick's help in saving the valley, man." He groans.

Both Scout Silvermane and the Magistrate look at the man as he slides out of the chair and onto the floor unconscious.

"Is...is he an elemental?" Asks Scout Silvermane.

"Yes, I am afraid he is." Confirms the Magistrate.

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:30:55 PM »
NERO Chronicles Teaser Halloween Part 3

A thick smoke lingers over the still smouldering battlefield. Broken trees and blackened earth mark where the explosions were the most powerful. Piles of ash and the occasional body litters the landscape. The figure of an Elf moves about the piles of ash and debris. Long, fiery wings, extend from the back of the Elf and flap. He moves swiftly across the cinders to another pile of ash. He bends down and scoops up a large handful of the ash and places it carefully into an empty pouch.

"Komorth, I have one last task for you." He says. A ghostly light floats from the remaining pile of ash that had been the Life Knight, Komorth. The Elf opens a large knapsack, embroidered with ancient rune of power. The glowing spirit of Komorth drifts softly into the sack, joining the dozens of other spirits already within the knapsack.

A shadow spreads menacingly across the field. The presence of his foe weighs heavily on the Elf.

"Give me the bag, Astywyn." The words roll out of the tentacle ringed mouth, a command that cannot be denied by many. The horror towers over the Elf, its humanoid shape is twisted at the limbs into massive tentacles. Its face is lined with golden runes etched into smooth ebony skin. Foul green light shines within the creatures eye sockets. The Dark One waits for some response from the Elf.

"No." Replies the Elf, a simple and defiant statement. The Elf turns his head from the pile of ashes at his feet, to look directly at the Dark One.

Great flaming wings erupt from the back of the Elf, his eyes flash white and suddenly a sword with a flaming blade slashes out at the Dark One. The blade strikes true at the chest of the black horror, but the magical blade has no effect.

"You're not welcome here, Selesthiel. You never were." Shouts the Elf as he slashes again and again at the Dark One. This time, Astywyn focuses his magic to force the Dark One from this plane. The black horror recoils at the flurry of spells, quickly raising his defenses. Too late, the Dark One recovers from the onslaught. His quarry is gone.

Selesthiel, the Lord of once pristine forest, stands among the defeated. His burning gaze flows over the ash of the fallen and the bodies of the slaughtered. Shadows like smoke roll across the battlefield to envelope the Lord. In but a moment, he is gone as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another world, far from the Terran Valley, a Human man kneels upon the soft mossy ground. The forest is quiet, nothing lives here but the creatures called the Dark Ones.

The peaceful scene is disturbed by the arrival of a large flaming hawk, a phoenix. It lands gracefully near the Human and then begins to shape shift into an Elf with glowing white eyes.

"Hello, Astywyn. Do you have the spirits?" Asks the Human.

The Elf nods. "I do, Erren. Do you have the adventurers?"

"They will come." Erren replies. "These folk are not like the others. This plan is mine, it will not fail." Boasts the Human.

The Elf scowls at the Human. "Your plan depends an awful lot on Callie. She has gone through so much already."

"I know." The Human says, he looks down at the ground. "I have no right to ask this of her, but if the valley is to be free we will need her assistance."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a small outpost, far away from the troubles of the Terran Valley. An Elf with white glowing eyes speaks to the assembled people. 

"Our home has fallen. My family and friends have been slaughtered by the creatures we call the Dark Ones. Once, their master was imprisoned in a place very much like Elimar has been, but he was released. The adventurers of the Terran Valley attempted to fight back and protect the people, but their hearts were weak with fear, and their minds were not clear." The Elf looks around at the people gathered before him.

"I have come here, to Elimar, to ask for your help. The last remnants of honor and decency are sacrificing themselves in order to protect the Emerald Jewel of the Terran Valley. The girl that escaped to these lands is the key to stopping these Dark Ones and their cruel master. My allies have given all they have, and all they are, to weaken the forces of the Dark Ones. They now have offered their very spiritual existence to assist you in freeing the Terran Valley." The Elf finishes with a grave look and drops the knapsack at his feet.

"Here are the last Heroes and Champions of the Terran Valley." The Elf says.

"I am seeking volunteers to accept and bind with these ancient powers. Together, it is our hope that you will be able to breech the darkness that holds the fallen Guardians of the Valley. There, you might be able to force them free from their eternal rest. Return them to the valley, join them together, empower them, and free us all." The Elf looks around at the stunned crowd.

"Are there any Heroes among you?" Tears can be seen streaming down the face of the Elf with glowing white eyes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:54:18 PM by derekjones »

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
NERO Chronicles Teaser Halloween Part 4

The Kingdom of Eldorra, Shadowfall. On the continent of Avalon, the word of Tyrra. Word spreads about a visitor from one of the kingdoms that lies outside Shadowfall. Rumors vary wildly, but the stories agree on the following meeting that occurred:

A large meeting hall, gaudily decorated with skins and heads of might beasts felled in the struggle for a free land.

A small gathering of Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Biata, and Sarr are seated at a long table topped with various rich beverages, fruits, and meats. Each one of the seated persons are involved in heated debates regarding treaties, laws, trade, and this year's party fashions. A rather large and disinterested looking Half Ogre sits at the head of the table. He is selecting his next course of favorite fruits from a decorated platter when the hall door opens and a Steward interrupts the conversation.

"Your Majesty, Lords and Ladies please accept my most sincere apologies. A most important guest has arrived and is set upon meeting with you immediately. Shall I send him away? He does bear the most striking gifts, Your Majesty." Announces the Steward.

The large Half Ogre barely looks up from his platter "Quite alright, Reginold. I could use more guests at my table!" He glances around the room at the other diners. "Lord MacAllister, you do not mind my entertaining other guests, do you?" The Half Ogre grinned at the Twilight Elf.

"Yes, your majesty." Says the Steward as he bows and steps to the side.

"Your Majesty, King Garrim Tar'uk, Ruler of Eldorra, Champion of the Frost Bear, Slayer of Alterax the Foul." The Steward takes a breath. "I present to you Count Torin Hammerfel, of the Empire of the Terran Valley." The Steward steps aside to allow a large Dwarf to enter the room.

The Dwarf strides into the room, a massive hammer is peace bonded to his back. The grin upon his face is wide and welcoming, the color of his eyes is dark. A large red pulsing scar crosses his neck from ear to ear.

"Your Majesty, it is a pleasure to finally meet you! I have been admiring your trophies and listening to tales of your battle prowess from the maids. I am indeed impressed!" The Dwarf rasps with a broken voice, obviously due to the grotesque neck wound he has suffered. The Dwarf steps to the side as he approaches the dining table.

"I have brought with me some very special gifts for you, and the ambassadors of the other fine Kingdoms of Shadowfall." Croaks the Dwarf, a large silver cart is shoved through the doorway into the room.

The cart is topped with an exquisite collection of antique weaponry. Obviously a very fine Elven craft of many centuries ago. Each weapon is engraved with strange flowing runes, possibly the Elven name for the weapon as given by its maker many many years ago.

"Please accept these small tokens as gifts from my liege, Duke Xor'Krell Syleril of the South Wood Duchy of the great Empire of the Terran Valley." The Dwarf's eyes move to a richly dressed Twilight Elf. Torin nods his head in a slight bow. "My apologies to the people of Elan, I was not expecting to be greeting you so soon. I am afraid that I did not bring your gifts with me."

"Quite alright. We can be officially introduced at a later time." Replies Lord MacAllister, his sharp eyes following the Elven script on the ancient weapons.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:13:40 AM by derekjones »

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
NERO Chronicles Teaser Halloween Part 5

The cool Autumn air creeps into the room where you slumber. Tonight you find your sleep restless and troublesome. You start awake, your breath is hot and present in the chilled air of your room. Vanishing memories of the visions that have been troubling your dreams come to your mind.

A darkness surrounds you.

"I will protect you, Callie." Says the female Elf. Her smooth sylvan skin bares the marks of Nature, the ancestral lineage of the Green Dragon. The face of the Elf fades into darkness.

"I pledge my life to you, My Queen." Rumbles a deep voice from the slightly wooden flesh of a man that once been Human. His face then fades into darkness.

"I will protect my Niece from my Brother." Hisses a voice that rattles the nerves. The bony skull of a Dragon of Death bends to look down and acknowledge an unseen presence. The skull fades away into darkness as have all the others.

"Run, Callie! Do not stop running!" Shouts a withered man, a single eye glowing with eerie power flashes in your direction. A huge black claw crashes down upon the withered man, crushing him instantly.

"Take this, child." A large and heavy silver scale is shoved into your arms. You are pushed roughly towards a forest of pale white trees. The Mystic Wood Elf motions you to continue feeling.

Everything is gone and there is nothing you can do about it. The feeling of dread stays with you as you look about your room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tall Elven man with powerful eyes that glow with an inner white light stands before the gathering of adventurers in the small outpost of Ilyra.

"For any of you willing to fight for the freedom of my home, I have gathered a precious resource that you may use for your trials while in the Terran Valley." The Elf swings a richly adorned sack from his back and drops it to the floor of The Pub.

"Reach in and allow a spirit to select you. These are the spirits of the fallen heroes of the Terran Valley. They have chosen to sacrifice one last time to fight the darkest evil that we have ever known.

These heroes will shield you, allowing you to pass through a portal located on an island across the seas. This portal will take you to my home, the Terran Valley, where a great Dragon has been corrupted by blind vengeance and rage. He has wrought vast destruction on my home with his servants that we call the Dark Ones.

These are powerful foes, make no mistake in believing that you are protected from Oblivion. It is the plan of myself and the few allies that I have left that we can stop the corrupted Dragon." The Elf looks around at the meager gathering of adventurers.

"We will need to strike fast, hard, and with purpose if we are to succeed. Staying too long in one area will bring a swift doom upon us all." The Elf pulls a tattered scroll from his tabard. He looks over it for a few seconds before continuing.

"First, we will need to close the portal located here in Elimar. The spirits will not be able to assist you during this task." The Elf lets the implications sink into the thoughts of the gathered adventurers.

"We will then require a few adventurers to make the journey to Mo'Thadar, then go through the portal there that leads to the Terran Valley. From there, the adventurers will need to Gate their way to the Plane of Death to meet with Lord Asmodius and secure the knowledge of where the spirits of the Dragons of the Terran Valley are located. We can then begin sending teams to recover the spirits of the lost Dragons." The Elf looks around the room for reactions.

"We will also need teams to access and anchor each of the twelve Elemental Planes. Each plane and its opposite will need to be anchored together as closely as possible. Once we have the Planes anchored and the Dragon Spirits in our possession, we will rescue three guardians of the valley. We will need their assistance for the final act of confronting the Corrupted Silver Dragon." The Elf ends his speech.

"Did I mention that during all of this we will need to avoid a Black Dragon, and the Elder Chosen Dark Ones?" The Elf smiles broadly.