Author Topic: October 2016 Teasers  (Read 353 times)

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
October 2016 Teasers
« on: October 10, 2016, 03:48:37 PM »
"We finally get our chance for freedom, Hithiss!  Finally, we'll be able to roam the swamps that our ancestors once tread!  Think of the lands open and wide!  Oh, brother, think of all of the new plants and herbal remedies we could find!  Do you think there'll be a hot spring by our swamp?  So much potential...  Do you think it'll be better than this place?", a young bright-green lizard asked his older brother, just one of many excited lizardfolk of all ages, heights and scale-colors gathered their things, preparing for long travel.

"I'm sure it will be, young brother.  Make sure that you pack the most important things first, Ssalthas.  I know how much you love your charms, but tools, clothing and food need to come first, brother.", the slightly darker-scaled brother calmly replied with love in his voice, "Look at you, all ready to leave this place to explore a new and old world...  Mother and Father would've been proud of you."  He smiled as he sharpened the axe that was to be carried on his belt during the great migration.

The younger one pouted a bit as his work came to a halt, "...  I miss Momma and Daddy...  Why did they have to go and fight the evil plants?  They could've stayed home, and let someone else fight them instead...  And then they'd still be here!" the little one gave a sad hiss as his features drooped a bit.

"Come now, Ssalthas...  If everyone's families thought like that, then we'd have no warriors to protect our people!  Then we'd all have been..."  the older lizardfolk shuddered at the thought, "...  Corrupted by the...  What did those mammals call them...?  Florune?  Anyway, Mother and Father gave their lives to kill them, so we are now safe to leave these lands."  Continuing to pack their things, the older brother took stock of what was left in their clay-and-stone family home, now much more empty than it was but a few months ago.

"Sixclaws has prophesied that this day would come soon, and that the adventurers would break the bindings that keep us locked in this horrid prison!  I had no idea that the old coot meant in our lifetime!  This is so exciting!" the youth giggled, seemingly cheering up as he continued his efforts to do a good job for his brother, "Maybe the adventurers aren't so bad after all, if they're freeing us from this place, right Hithiss?"

The brother gazed upon his mother's bracelet that he soon after tucked away into his pack, keeping it as a memento of his parents' love and sacrifice for them.  The golden band with scale-green glass all around, lightly studded with six small diamonds along the center...  A gift from his father to his mother upon proposal for marriage.  Carrying this band over to the new world will be his way of bringing his lost parents with to the new world.  He soon broke his silence as he answered his brother with the utmost of honesty.  "We'll see, brother...  We'll see..."

derekjones

• Owner
    • View Profile
Re: October 2016 Teasers
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
    Jarred shivered and tugged his jacket closer to himself as the wind blew through the now-barren treetops, creating an eerie howl, not unlike that of a distant, lonely ghost, moaning aloud for reasons lost to time and history...  At least, that's what the tradesman swore it sounded like...   Something out of a haunting dream that quickly fades from your memory upon waking.  He leaned against a nearby willow tree and chewed on a young branch broken from the tree, sucking on the pain-numbing juices to help soothe his aching muscles from pulling his cart of wares himself, as he recently lost his mule to pneumonia.

Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes to what felt like hours as he waited for his appointment to arrive, so that they may conduct business, and so he may begin making the long shuffle home...  "Boy, I sure ain't looking forward to that...  Why in the cosmos did he pick such a remote place like this, anyway?  S'plenty of discrete spots closer to town...", he grumbled to himself as a thick fog set in...  How did it arise so quickly?  Had he just been too deep in thought, and simply hadn't noticed it set in?

And what is with the lighting around here...?  It seems as if it were almost a pale green, in hue....
"Where is that bloody man?  I just wanna get this deal over with, and get back home!  This place is givin' me the creeps!", he spat aloud to nobody in particular.

"Ahhh, there you are, friend!  This mist just seems to be getting in my way everywhere I go...  Almost as if it were following me!  What a disturbing thought, no?", another man chuckled as he slowly materialized into view through the thick, unabating fog, "I do believe that we have some business to attend to!"

"You Fellswath?", he sighed and didn't even wait for a response before beginning to shuffle through his wares he had set up upon the front of the cart in an attempts to more prominently display his finest of spices and herbs in the vision-inhibiting fog.

"Why yes, friend!  Yes I am!  Now, let us see just what you've got!"